24 December 2012

IG Update v. 2.0

What's been happening lately through the eyes of the iPhone camera.

Sister comes to visit Alex and I in South Africa!  This was on her first night here at a very weird Indian restaurant/cocktail bar.  Laura and I are both sporting the new hair fad, the sock bun!
 Look at that sweet weim face!

 The many faces of my handsome husband.  This is halfway through Movember, aka No-Shave November.  
We celebrated my dad's birthday from afar, and I reminisced on this fun night we had in Norman!
 My sister told me there was such a thing as baby cologne, and I refused to believe her.  Then, while shopping for a baby gift for one of Alex's coworkers, we came across this little jewel.

 Alex and my first Thanksgiving as a married couple.  Some South African sparkling wine and a homemade pumpkin pie (made with fresh pumpkin!)

Jozi dog on her first Thanksgiving.  She is still confused what Thanksgiving is--next year she will be introduced to Thanksgiving in AMERICA!I baked some cookies for a baby shower for Alex's co-worker.  I wish I had had some baby themed cookie cutters, but I had to make do with what I had.  It gave me a good reason to practice doing letters in icing.

 Our Thanksgiving celebration with a group of Americans (and some non-Americans) in Pretoria.  There were four turkeys and an amazing amount of delicious food.
The hazards of being an au pair....a flaming heart tattoo and a chipped manicure from playing with Legos.

Alex before he shaved off his Movember mustache.  He claims he won't be participating next year.

 I'm going to miss the wonderful clinic where I volunteered.  VACCINATE!
It was our sweet niece Tali's 2nd birthday, so naturally we put Jozi in a party hat to make a birthday card for her.  (Tali loves dogs almost as much as we do.)

We leave in less than 48 hours for our big move back to America.  Jozi had her vet appointment for her medical clearance this morning and Alex is at the government vet getting the papers endorsed now.  It's back to cleaning and laundry for me!  Can't wait to be stateside again.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment